Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ways of "trimming the fat"

Speaking of trimming the fat, I did a lot of cleaning and tossing this past week and it feels so good!  It is so refreshing to be a bit more organized and have less clutter.  My husband Chris and I have donated a large amount of stuff again to a local charity.  Friendship Ventures, Vietnam Veterans of America, Courage Center, Leukemia, etc. are a few of the groups that we have worked with in the past. Most of them make it so easy and pick up right at your doorstep!

It is so convenient for us busy moms that don't have time for garage sales.  You don't get cash like you would get from a garage sale, but think of all of the time you put into the sale. Instead, you get to give to people that can use the goods to sell and put towards their charity. You also get a tax  receipt so you can write off a fair trade cash amount.  This amount is something you come up with, which has to be fair or equal to what you would get at a garage sale.  What a huge time saver and for a great cause.  Every Christmas, as new toys come in, my children are required to get rid of one toy too.  It will help save you space, and we all have them, the toys they play with for a day and then don't touch for a year.  Get rid of them...your children will love giving their toys to charity.  Great teaching experience for children too! 
 
I was also excited to be able to get rid of more chemicals at home, it has been a long time since I have needed or wanted to use some of the regular cleaning products, but thought I should hang onto them because they were expensive and I should use them. With the Norwex products I am able to be free of harsh chemicals and just think of all of the space I am saving. Wow!  Next on my to do list is cleaning out my make-up/skin care product grave yard ( a term that I love).  It is truly a grave yard of old and new skin care products, that I don't need, have tried and didn't like. 
 
Happy New Year Everyone!  Start anew, trim some fat, donate to a charity of your choice, it will all feel good! Chanda

Check out our space saving and time saving products on our website http://chandatanka.norwex.biz

Cheers!

moom & lulus

No comments:

Post a Comment